Main Purpose of the job
Maintain all relevant systems. Together with the plant management team lead the implementation/development of Quality management systems, products audited in accordance to the company’s audit manual, secure all actions in order to improve and secure the production process to deliver high standard products into the local and export market.
Key performance Area
- Liaise with Customers and Suppliers, where necessary
- Implementing of World Class Systems
- Secure and support Production team competence and adherence to Quality Requirements
- In conjunction with the Technical Managers and Production Managers, set, maintain and apply acceptable standards throughout the factory in terms of workmanship and product quality
- Monitor product defects on a continuous basis.
- Liaise with the Technical Managers on quality and technical matters.
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with production staff;
- Perform process audits on all products and departments.
- Follow up on CAR’s AND NCR’s.
- Control the return and assessment of quality complaints from customers.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organisation;
- Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved;
- Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements;
- Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation;
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary;
- Writing technical and management systems reports;
- Liaising with customers’ auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications;
- Establishing standards of service for customers or clients;
- Establish Quality plans within projects of introducing new products or new plants/changed processes
- Own transport and valid driver’s license is essential.
- Audit the Company’s Quality Management System and compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015
Qualification, skills and Experience
- Formal QC/QA qualification
- Fully conversant in ISO 9001:2015 and proven track record in the implementation thereof
- Minimum of 5 years in a Management position
- Able to handle pressure
- Knowledge of wheels would be a distinct advantage
- Proven background in an automotive environment
- An in-depth knowledge as regards AWS14.3 would be a distinct advantage
Remuneration-R 477 000.00 Per Annum